The PSA's Annual Awards are among the most prestigious honors available to poets. They offer emerging and established poets recognition at all stages of their careers, including our student poetry award and book awards for publishers.
2020 Individual Awards
October 1 to December 23, 2019
Varies based on award
Submission Details & Instructions
- Each submission should have one cover sheet and two copies of your poem/s.
- Your name should only appear on the cover sheet.
- You can submit to all the awards you are eligible.
- Only one entry per award.
- Mail all submissions in the same envelope.
- A poem that has previously won a PSA Award cannot be re-submitted to any of the awards.
- You cannot submit the same poem to more than one award.
THE EXCEPTION: Individual poems submitted to Alice Fay Di Castagnola Award or Robert H. Winner Award may be submitted to another PSA award.
- Previously published work cannot be submitted.
THE EXCEPTION: The Alice Fay Di Castagnola Award and the Robert Winner Award. Please include publication acknowledgments on cover sheet.
- Translations are ineligible.
- Manuscripts by more than one author are ineligible.
- Submissions from PSA employees, officers, or advisory board committee members are ineligible.
- Include a self-addressed, stamped postcard for confirmation of receipt.
- We cannot confirm receipt over phone or email.
- We cannot accept any corrections or revisions to submissions.
- No entries will be returned.
- To withdraw submissions, email email@example.com.
- The winners will be announced early April.
The Poetry Society of America is grateful to and admiring of the nation's poetry publishers for their faithful support and promotion of the art. In particular, we wish to thank the following book publishers for supporting our Annual Awards Ceremony.