Four Quartets Prize
The Four Quartets Prize is for a unified and complete sequence of poems published in America in a print or online journal, chapbook, or book.
October 1-December 31, 2023
Eduardo C. Corral
D. A. Powell
- Fourteen pages of published poems unified by subject, form, and style is the minimum per submission.
- Submissions must be accompanied by an entry form and a paragraph statement about the aims of the work.
- The poems must have been published in a print or online journal, chapbook, or book in 2023.
- Entire books composed of a unified sequence however long are also welcome.
- If the poems in the sequence have been published separately in print or online journals or in a chapbook, please include four copies of the table of contents and the copyright page of each journal or chapbook attached to the poems published in that publication.
- If the sequence is contained in a book, please send four copies of the sequence along with four copies of the table of contents' page and the copyright page.
- Please be sure to order the poems in the sequence.
- If the sequence constitutes an entire book, please send four copies of the book.
- Self-published work is ineligible.
- Submissions by more than one author are not eligible.
- Only one submission per author will be considered.
- Only work published in 2023 will be considered.
- The Poetry Society of America will accept submissions from authors, publishers, and literary agents.
- The submission must be accompanied by an entry form.
- Submissions from Poetry Society employees, officers, advisory board committee members, or their immediate families are ineligible.
- Entries should be sent via USPS.
- There is no submission fee.
For an acknowledgment of receipt of submissions, please include a self-addressed, stamped postcard.
Due to the volume of submissions we receive, we cannot acknowledge receipt of submissions over the phone or email or inform entrants of incorrectly submitted or disqualified material, nor can we accept any corrections or revisions to submissions. No entries will be returned.